Dental health plays an important role in your everyday life, so you should take the time to properly care for your teeth. Take a look at the list below for some tips on how to better your dental hygiene routine, recommended by our team of oral care professionals at the Marquis Center in San Antonio, TX.
- Brush your teeth twice daily. This a good idea; it is the ADA recommendation. Brushing your teeth should be part of your daily routine that you don't even have to think about. You should also floss during these times.
- If you are above 50 years old, you may want to use an alcohol-free mouthwash. Choose a fluoride-based mouthwash that has little to no alcohol. Use this twice daily for best results.
- If you become nervous when you are being worked on by a dentist, try using relaxation techniques like deep breathing. When you find something that works for you, do it before, during (if possible) and after your appointment. This will make things go a whole lot easier.
- Try using a dental cleaner that works on your teeth to keep them healthy. A couple of examples include the Sulcabrush and Reach's Stim-U-Dent.
- The best way to prevent health issues from occurring is by keeping up with dental problems is to visit your dentist regularly. You will have less anxiety if you visit your dentist. This is important if the need for dental work ever arises.
- There are different types of toothpaste made especially for sensitive teeth. If you experience pain or discomfort when you eat hot or cold foods and drinks, there is a chance that your teeth are sensitive. Ask your dentist which specialized toothpaste will work best for your teeth.
Having a great smile is very important to your overall health. Use these tips in this article to modify your dental care habits to create the smile you want. It may feel like a lot of work to care for and maintain your teeth, but it pays off in dividends. To learn more dental care habits, contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Mueller and his team at the Marquis Center in San Antonio, TX.